GVB cell phone 252-1952, E:mail email@example.com
To our members in the unincorporated Goleta Valley area west of SR 154...Goleta Valley Beautiful will continue to serve you regardless of your political jurisdiction
1. GVB Community Service opportunities - General public welcome, especially jr.high to college students
- Sept 10 Winchester Canyon Entryway Phase 1 - Sat 9 AM to Noon - NW Corner of Cathedral Oaks and Winchester Canyon -Join Billy Wren and LDS volunteers as they clear weeds, install irrigation and set up plant locations for phase Two. No experience necessary. Tools and snacks provided. RSVP 252-1952
- Sept 17 Winchester Canyon Entryway Phase 2 - Sat 8 AM to Noon - NW corner of Cathedral Oaks and Winchester Canyon - Join up to 100 United Way Day of Caring volunteers in our annual neighborhood major beautification project. We^ll be planting native plants, installing irrigation, and spreading mulch. This is a community funded project, so donations of money, equipment, tools are appreciated. Contact Lauren Gleason at 685-2653.
- Sept 12, 19,28 Tree Plantings & Maintenance- Mondays 11:30 AM-2:30 PM Meet at GVB Storage area on Santa Felicita Rd. Take Storke Road towards UCSB and make a right onto Santa Felicita behind Home Depot. Make the first left off Santa Felicita into the parking lot next to the Girsh Park bioswale. Look for the GVB sign. RSVP 252-1952
- Sept 24 Tree Plantings & Maintenance- Saturdays 9-noon Meet at GVB Storage area on Santa Felicita Rd. Take Storke Road towards UCSB and make a right onto Santa Felicita behind Home Depot. Make the first left off Santa Felicita into the parking lot next to the Girsh Park bioswale. Look for the GVB sign. RSVP 252-1952
- Sept 10,24 Anti-litter cleanup - Report litter problem areas to Judy Nason of Cambridge Drive Community Church at 964-0436, and volunteer to help with clean-up crews on the 2nd & 4th Sat., 9 to 11 am.
- Ongoing Develop your own neighborhood public area beautification project!
Goleta Valley Beautiful will provide resources and expertise to youth groups interested in developing tree planting, maintenance, educational and clean-up programs in public areas. Good community service opportunity for 4-H, Boys and Girls Clubs, Scouts, school groups, fraternity/sorority,church, or any youth groups. Call 252-1952 to develop a project.
- Ongoing Board of Directors There is one opening for a one year term on the Goleta Valley Beautiful Board of Directors. The Board meets once a month, and committees meet as project needs require. No non-profit experience necessary, we^ll help you learn about how we serve the community. Call 252-1952 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Interest in volunteer coordination and training facilitation particularly needed.
- Ongoing Graffiti Cleanup - Report graffiti to Ed Graper at 964-7117 or e-mail email@example.com Contact Ed if you would like to help remove graffiti in your area. Supplies and training provided.
- Wanted Student Interns - Research and implement urban forestry projects in positions ranging from 30 to 120 hours per term. Fulfill work experience or community service requirements. Some paid positions also available. Call 252-1952
- Wanted Administrative Assistants - Part time volunteers, variable hours, work from your home. Assist in maintaining and verifying membership and volunteer information, and grant compliance reports. Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred. Call 252-1952
- Wanted Experienced laborer-Proficient at using a Ditch Witch or similar large trencher to assist with installation of root shields in public parkways prior to street tree installation. Hourly rate paid, call 252-1952
Wanted GRAPHIC ARTISTS or people with MARKETING/PR background? HELP NEEDED for a very fun garden project that will be a major fundraiser for GVB next Sprin